Thursday, August 20, 2009

Been gone so long

Okay, so I suck at keeping up with the blogging world. I admit it, I do. But I do have LOTS of nifty excuses...which I won't heap upon you. Just an FYI though, I never really understood how much the hubby helps with the kid until he isn't around to help with the kid. Single parenting sucks! I have so much more respect for single parents. OMG it's F*cking HARD! My little one is almost 11 months old and her daddy has had to go to x training, or y class, or to fix x equipment out in BFE for almost 4 months of her life so far. And he won't be home for any significant period of time until late September. Okay, okay, enough whineing. It's not that bad, really. I love the Coast Guard, I love what they provide for my family, and I am so incredibly proud of my hubby for what he does, but I wish they wouldn't take him away from me so much. Anyways, back to the point. When you are a stay at home parent, sometimes you take your partner for granted. It's amazing how much I do anyways. But when he is gone, even if it is only for three days, I realize how much he helps. Even if it doesn't seem like a lot, it really is. Taking the dog out in the morning, dealing with the stinky garbage, helping with dishes/laundry, and especially playing with the kiddo after work and giving me the all important break. Even the tiny things like getting me a glass of water when I am nursing the baby or being there for a hug when I am starting to feel overwhelmed. I miss all of it when he is gone, even though when he is here I don't even realize how important it is. So I want to put a big THANK YOU out there to all the dads and moms who work long hours out of the house and come home to work long hours in the house washing dishes, changing diapers, playing games, being silly, and being a great parent and spouse.
Till next time...

4 comments:

  1. Hear! Hear! My hubby rocks it hard in this department too. Good on ya for some gratitude flying in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine how you do it! Rock on girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just enjoy it 'cos before long your 11 month old will be ready for her first day at school. . . trust me!

    And good job giving your hubby a shout out. So many remain unsung so good on you . .

    I'm now follower number 7!!

    ReplyDelete